Warleigh Ferry 1950
Postcard of Warleigh created by gluing a newspaper article onto a plain postcard. Taken in 1950. The ferryman is believed to be George Moulder. The boat was sunk in the floods of autumn 1951. It was replaced by The Queen Mary built by W.D. Cox at Newbridge Boat Station and launched on 4th April 1952. The fee was 2d and the ferry would sometimes be used by 200 passengers in a day.