No 8 Bath Street, Bath c.1910
4 0 c m
actual image size: 25cm x 32cm

No 8 Bath Street, Bath c.1910

© This image is not to be copied or published without permission


Part of the New Royal Bath complex, No.8 Bath Street was the House of Antiquities, a small, early purpose built museum constructed in 1797 to deposit the antiquities of the city previously displayed in the Stuart Guildhall. Niches in the facade contain statues from the Stuart Guildhall of the mythical King Coel and King Edgar, the first king crowned in Bath Abbey. The Council Minute Books for 1797 record that the architect was Palmer. (source: Pevsner Architectural Guide)

Image Reference


Collection Reference

L8 / 503

Original Width (mm)


Original Height (mm)


Collection Location

Bath Central Library

buy a print

Select size
Select finish
How many prints?

buy a framed print

buy a canvas

buy a framed canvas