The top of the slope shaft to Sumison's Monk's Quarry, Corsham c.1905
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission
The compressed air pipe was installed Jan/Feb 1904 and at the extremeleft hand side is the corner of the horsebox, which was often used to convey visitors up or down the shaft. From a collection of glass lantern slides, donated to Bath Central Library. It is possible they were created by a surveyor with an interest in Bath's architecture who was engaged in work at Prior Park, the Assembly Rooms and the Guildhall.
Original Width (mm)
Original Height (mm)
Bath Central Library