View of Bath with Upper Hedgemead Road in the foreground, c.1905
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission
The houses beyond the fence are now called Alpine Gardens, now with lots of 60s housing. Below the trees of Hedgemead Park (rh side of pic) is the pedimented front of Walcot Methodist chapel, with the curved houses and Dispensary at Cleveland Place away to the left. Forrester Road/ Bathwick is in the distance, with London Road dipping down then up again out to the left of the photo.From a collection of glass lantern slides, donated to Bath Central Library. It is possible they were created by a surveyor with an interest in Bath's architecture who was engaged in work at Prior Park, the Assembly Rooms and the Guildhall.
Original Width (mm)
Original Height (mm)
Bath Central Library