Market Cross, Stow-on-the-Wold, circa 1900s
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission
Showing a more ornate cross than the one which currently adorns the pinnacle of the market cross in Stow. The cross, originally from the 1400s, was renovated in 1878 and again in 1995; this is probably the intermediate version. The photographer made images of many stone crosses around the West Country and beyond. Scanned from the photographer's original negative. Most of these images were taken before he started producing postcards, and before he saved his images on glass plates.
Artist / Photographer
Original Width (mm)
Original Height (mm)
Bath Central Library