Churchyard cross, Holy Rood Church, Ampney Crucis, Glos., c.1900s
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission
This medieval cross from around 1415 is well preserved owing to the head having been kept hidden from 17th C iconoclasts and later remounted. Of another cross in the village, only the shaft and base remain. Scanned from the photographer's original negative. Most of these images were taken before he started producing postcards, and before he saved his images on glass plates.
Artist / Photographer
Dafnis, George Love
Original Width (mm)
Original Height (mm)
Bath Central Library