From a fully illustrated album compiled by the Rev H.T. Ellacombe, author of The History of Bitton, published in 1881 when aged 91. Bath's famous architect John Wood the younger lived at the Rectory (now the Grange). During his residence he panelled a large room in the house 36 x 18 x 12 ft, very much on the same lines used for the Assembly Rooms.
Illustrations of Bitton SR p.22
Original Width (mm)
Original Height (mm)
Bath Central Library
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission