Made in 1955 by the landlord Tom Harper and Walt Morgan for the amusement of patrons in the garden. The model village featured buildings carefully carved from blocks of Bath stone by Walt. The railway itself was later moved inside to protect the rails from rusting. From the collection of the family of ex landlord Tom Harper. He ran the Larkhall Inn for 25 years from 1950, but his family had kept the pub since end of the First World War. He was a very popular landlord, turning the garden into a playground for children with a model village and fairy house.
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission