A New and Correct Plan of the City of Bath c.1764
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission
This updated issue of the plan from 1750 shows the advancement of new building to the north west including Gay Street and half of the King's Circus. The new Free School on Broad Street, now known as King Edward's School, had just been completed. The Free School had previously been housed in the former St Mary's Church located on the north east corner of the High Street. This is now shown as an Anabaptist Meeting Room. Milsom Street is shown half completed, though the map was probably printed before construction had started.
Building of Bath Collection - Map Exhibition 2011