This was the terminus of the Central Somerset Railway when extended from Glastonbury in 1859. The East Somerset line from Witham came into the same station in 1862 and the Cheddar Valley line from Yatton into Tucker Street in 1870. These were later linked. Priory Road closed in 1951. From a private collection of photographs from approximately the 1950s relating to the canals and railways in Bath and the surrounding area. Attributed to Ken Marchant of Radstock.
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission