This 1827 marker erected by the Turnpike Trust shows how most of Odd Down was in a far-flung corner of the old Widcombe (and Lyncombe) parish. This post marke the border where it meets Combe Hay parish. From a private collection of photographs from approximately the 1950s relating to the Turnpikes in Bath and the surrounding area. Attributed to Ken Marchant of Radstock.
Original Width (mm)
Original Height (mm)
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission