The estate was built on the site of Broomwell House, the early 19th century home of the antiquary and Bristol collector George Weare Braikenridge. The house was demolished in 1928. In the foreground is Bloomfield Road, with Sandholme Road curving away into shot. The picture is no later than 1930, as the Bloomfield Inn was built by 1931 in the angle of the road centre foreground. At the top is Wick Road, with the symmetrical white building a Christian Brethren hall (demolished for flats about 2006). Next to it is a three storey Georgian house, opposite which was Broomwell House. A.W. Hobart, Marazin photograph.
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission