It was built to celebrate the Diamond Jubilee of Queen Victoria following a public appeal launched in July of 1897. The names of the original subscribers to the appeal are recorded in the archives of the Parish. The cost of the original building was between å£80 and å£100. Copied from the photographer's original glass plate negative.
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission