This was built about 1615 by Robert Brunker, and was later held by William Gilbert, who married Robert Brunker's daughter. The Gilberts were amongst the largest landholders in Keevil in the early nineteenth century. The last of that name in the village, Farmer George Gilbert died in 1913. The house is timber framed and of brick, with a thatched roof. See image ref 34585 for a version hand coloured by the photographer. Copied from the photographer's original glass plate negative.
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission