From the Builder, May 9 1874. The church was built by Joseph Bladwell and the Clerk of Works was James T Irvine. The chancel fittings by Mr Robinson of High Holborn, the pulpit and font by Messrs. Twigg of Bakewell Derbyshire. Ironwork, gas &c by Messers. Tuck & Pike of Bath. External walling is of Lansdown stone, internal Farleigh Down stone. Dressings, internally and externally Bath Stone and stone from Bishops Lydiard. Whitland Abbey slates on the roof. The total cost between å£12-13,000 It seats about 1,000.
Hunt Vol IV p.97
Original Width (mm)
Original Height (mm)
Bath Central Library
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission