The Bath Royal Literary & Scientific Institute and Parade Gardens viewed from North Parade c.1890
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission
The arched windows of the former Lower Assembly Rooms can clearly be seen in the excellent photograph. Note the presence of townhouses which fronted on to the E side of Orange Grove; these were successively removed from 1900-1911 to make way for the Empire Hotel (absent in ths view; built 1901), Grand Parade and later roadway through to Terrace Walk.
Original Width (mm)
Original Height (mm)
Bath Central Library