Selborne villange water spring with lion head, c.1880s
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission
This lion’s head fountain was presented to the village of Selborne in 1879 by a Mr Mills of Portsmouth. The detail of the photograph shows the lion’s head flanked by two windmills, surmounted by the words ‘Presented by’. The spout of water on the right was tapped in the 1890s to feed standpipes in the village until Selborne was connected to the main water supply in the 1930s. Copied from one side of the photographer's original glass stereoscopic negative.
Artist / Photographer
Original Width (mm)
Original Height (mm)
Bath Central Library