24-25 High Street, Chippenham, by John Wood c.1900
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission
c.1738 facade by John Wood the Elder, and grafted onto the end of Nos 1-2 Sion Hill place in 1934-6. Believed to have been designed for Bowden Hill, Wiltshire in 1738, and re-erected in Chippenham between 1749 and 1777. Resembling Wood's designs for the Exchange in Bristol.
Artist / Photographer
Dafnis, George Love
Original Width (mm)
Original Height (mm)
Bath Central Library