Somersetshire Coal Canal, Upper Midford c.1904

Dafnis, George Love

Somersetshire Coal Canal, Upper Midford c.1904
3 1 c m
actual image size: 32cm x 23cm


Showing the abandoned Somersetshire Coal Canal and one of its accommodation bridges. The bridge was built to carry the former packhorse road between Midford and Twinhoe (Twinney). In the background is the former pub, the Boatmans Arms which was closed in the 1920s. This is just past Midford Aqueduct where the Somersetshire Coal Canal forks, one arm going to Radstock, the other to Paulton. Avonhill, Midford, can just be seen in the distance. Copied from the photographer's original glass negative. See Image Ref. 14120 for postcard print.

Image Details

Artist / Photographer
Image Reference
Collection Reference
Box 61
Original Width (mm)
Original Height (mm)
Collection Location
Bath Central Library

© This image is not to be copied or published without permission

buy a print

Select size
Select finish
How many prints?

buy a framed print

buy a canvas

buy a framed canvas