The Old Prison, Grove Street 15 Sept 1965
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission
Built at the same time as Pulteney Bridge, as the old City prison, it had to be demolished to make way. At the time (1772-3), it was one of the only buildings in the area on that side of the river. Robert Adam was commissioned by Pulteney, but Thomas Atwood took over.
Chronicle X 8991
Original Width (mm)
Original Height (mm)
Bath Central Library