The obelisks erected in the Orange Grove and Queen Square, 1742
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission
From the manuscript for The Origin of Building by John Wood Senior, or the Plagiarism of the Heathens Detected, pub 1741. Written by a clerk and including amendments in the hand of John Wood Senior. Note how much taller the original Nash's Ray in Queen Square once was, before the tip fell off in a storm.
D722 WOO 1104675442 Plate 26
Original Width (mm)
Original Height (mm)
Bath Central Library