The very last day of service for Bath's Electric Trams 6th May 1939
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission
The service ceased with Car 22 driven by the Mayor, Captain Adrian Hopkins, and assisted by Chief Inspector Hale at the helm, she left promptly from the Guildhall at midnight with one hundred passengers on board. Special tickets were issued and put in souvenir wallets. Sadly, she made history by becoming the last passenger car to operate, fighting the crowds on the way back to the only depot, in Walcot Street. Nearly all the trams were broken up at the Glasshouse sidings opposite St. Martin's Hospital, Midford Road, with the remainder being scrapped at the depot. Very grainy copy from negative.
Chronicle X neg
Original Width (mm)
Original Height (mm)
Bath Central Library