At the junction of Stall Street and Bath Street, the fountain gave free mineral water to the public until 1978. The work of Italian sculptor Stefano Valerio Pieroni, it originally featured a statue of King Bladud on the top when it was erected in 1859. The statue now resides in the grounds of a retirement home and the fountain was moved to Terrace Walk in 1989. Postcard view, slightly grainy.
Chronicle X H.148
Original Width (mm)
Original Height (mm)
Bath Central Library
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission