The Mineral Fountain, Stall Street c.1910
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission
In its original position at the junction of Bath Street and Stall Street, the fountain gave free mineral water to the public until 1978. The work of Italian sculptor Stefano Valerio Pieroni, it originally featured a statue of King Bladud on the top when it was erected in 1859. The statue now resides in the grounds of a retirement home and the fountain was removed to Terrace Walk (colloquially known as Bog Island) in 1989.
Original Width (mm)
Original Height (mm)
Bath Central Library