The Mineral Fountain, Terrace Walk 26 June 1989
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission
Originally sited at the junction of Bath Street and Stall Street, the fountain gave free mineral water to the public until 1978. The work of Italian sculptor Stefano Valerio Pieroni, it originally had a statue of King Bladud on the top when it was erected in 1859. The statue now resides in the grounds of a retirement home and the fountain was moved to Terrace Walk (colloquially known as Bog Island) in 1989; its installation can be seen here.
Chronicle X H.148
Original Width (mm)
Original Height (mm)
Bath Central Library