The newly constructed Terrace Walk area c.1934
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission
Terrace Walk was remodelled following the demolition of the Bath Royal Literary & Scientific Institution building to make way for a new road from Orange Grove. This opened up the area and public conveniences were created in the BRLSI's old cellars, giving rise to the colloquial name of 'Bog Island'. The trade sign of FS & C Toogood Builders leans against the newly-constructed balustrade on the island. See Image ref 20048 for a comparative view.
Original Width (mm)
Original Height (mm)
Bath Central Library