The Heathcote Family at Wood House, Twerton c.1910
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission
The bearded gentleman rear right is Jonathan Carr, he is standing next to Henry Charles Heathcote senior. The three people seated are Martha Heathcote, Dr. Henry Charles Heathcote, Medical Officer of Health for Englishcombe, Southstoke and Twerton, and his wife Edith, the eldest daughter of Jonathan and Emily Carr. The boy seated at the front is Henry Charles Heathcote, son of Henry and Edith, later to become pathologist at the Royal United Hospital in Bath. Built early in the Eighteenth Century, developed later and demolished in 1965, Wood House was the home of the Carr family, manufacturers of woollen cloth at the nearby Carr's Mill.
Wood House, Twerton BBR
Original Width (mm)
Original Height (mm)
Bath Preservation Trust: Museum of Bath Architecture