Few people would have recognised the extraordinary pictorial interest provided by the juxtaposition of the corner house. Note the houses rising up the hill to the left. From an aquatint by Sylvia Gosse. Published in the Architectural Review. The original sketches dating from around 1916 can be found in the Holburne Museum.
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission