An artists impression of how the medieval entrance gates to the city might have looked. W. Lewis, Lith. Proceedings of. Natural History. Club, iv, no.2, 1879. Demolished in 1755. The building on the right is St Marys Church. The nave became the Grammar School (before it moved to Broad Street in 1752); the tower, a gaol (Hamilton, Bath Before Beau Nash).
R1 / 430 IOB 971
Original Width (mm)
Original Height (mm)
Bath Central Library
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission