An artists impression of how the medieval entrance gates to the city might have looked. W. Lewis, Lith. Proceedings of. Natural History. Club, iv, no.2, 1879. Rebuilt in 1572, it served as lodgings for royal visitors in the early 18th century (Hamilton, Bath Before Beau Nash).
R1 / 431 IOB 970
Original Width (mm)
Original Height (mm)
Bath Central Library
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission