This photograph was meant to show the former Widcombe Brewery pub at 17, Queen's Terrace but unfortunately the photographer chose the wrong building and instead took a photo of 7, Queen's Terrace (renamed Queen's Place from the early 1850s). The Widcombe Brewery was open in 1830, but may not have been a pub at this time, but it was when Mary Tyler went bankrupt in 1833. Around 1846 it was extended into 16, Queen's Place and closed about 1865 to become a coffee house. From a photographic survey from 1965-1966 of over 300 existing or lost pubs and breweries in Bath and the surrounding area. photographed in September 1966.
SR Wilcox Slides
Original Width (mm)
Original Height (mm)
Bath Central Library
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission