A beerhouse opened at 39, Richmond Place in about 1842 and closed around 1865. It then reopened as a greengrocers for a short while before becoming the Sun Inn around 1872. By 1874 it had become the Rising Sun and finally closed in February 1936. From a photographic survey from 1965-1966 of over 300 existing or lost pubs and breweries in Bath and the surrounding area. Photographed in July 1966.
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission