The Rising Sun, 3 & 4, Grove Street, Bath c.1965
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission
This image is an enlargement of a copy of a watercolour. See Image Ref. 30233. The Rising Sun opened as the Rising Sun and Lark in about 1788, but by 1800 it was called the Sun and Lark. The Rising Sun was at 1, Grove Street, but in 1892 Argyle Place (on the right) was incorporated into the street which resulted in all the house numbers changing. It is still in business today. From a photographic survey from 1965-1966 of over 300 existing or lost pubs and breweries in Bath and the surrounding area.
SR Wilcox Slides
Original Width (mm)
Original Height (mm)
Bath Central Library