This photograph was meant to show the Barley Mow at 9, Margaret's Hill but unfortunately the photographer chose the wrong building and instead took a photo of Cater, Stoffell & Fortt's grocery store. The Barley Mow opened in about 1792 and closed in 1938. From a photographic survey from 1965-1966 of over 300 existing or lost pubs and breweries in Bath and the surrounding area.
SR Wilcox Slides
Original Width (mm)
Original Height (mm)
Bath Central Library
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission