This photograph was meant to show the Abbey Vaults at 2, Stall Street but unfortunately the photographer chose the wrong building and instead took a photo of Hepworths' clothing store. The Abbey Vaults was the buliding to the right of Hepworth's. It was previously a wine merchants and opned in 1898. The name changed to the Abbey Wine Vaults around 1947 and once more to the Roundhouse in 1973. It closed in 2006 and has become Pret a Manger food and coffee shop. From a photographic survey from 1965-1966 of over 300 existing or lost pubs and breweries in Bath and the surrounding area. Photographed in June 1966.
SR Wilcox Slides
Original Width (mm)
Original Height (mm)
Bath Central Library
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission