The Jolly Coachman (the far end of the building) opened in about 1800. It was renamed the Rainbow around 1826 and closed in 1913, becoming a part of Cater, Stoffell & Fortt's expanding business. From 1890 unitil around 1947 it was recorded as 24, Upper Borough Walls. From a photographic survey from 1965-1966 of over 300 existing or lost pubs and breweries in Bath and the surrounding area. Photographed in June 1965.
SR Wilcox Slides
Original Width (mm)
Original Height (mm)
Bath Central Library
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission