The Monmouth Arms/The Old Monmouth Arms/The Royal Oak, 8, Monmouth Place, Bath 1965
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission
The Monmouth Arms opened in about 1837. It went through at the rear to 5, St. Ann's Place. The pub became the Old Monmouth Arms soon after 1850 as another Monmouth Arms opened at 24, Monmouth Place. It was renamed once more to the Royal Oak in around 1858 and finally closed in 1961. From a photographic survey from 1965-1966 of over 300 existing or lost pubs and breweries in Bath and the surrounding area. Photographed in June 1965.
SR Wilcox Slides
Original Width (mm)
Original Height (mm)
Bath Central Library