This photograph was meant to show the former St. James's Tavern pub at 31, St. James's Parade but unfortunately the photographer chose the wrong building and instead took a photo of the Wessex Wholesale Electric store. The St. James's Tavern was further along the road. It opened in about 1868, closed in 1879 and became a coffee house. From a photographic survey from 1965-1966 of over 300 existing or lost pubs and breweries in Bath and the surrounding area. Photographed in June 1966.
SR Wilcox Slides
Original Width (mm)
Original Height (mm)
Bath Central Library
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission