The Pineapple was open by 1762 and became the King's Arms by 1776. Around 1805 it was renamed the Shakespeare Tavern and closed in 1917. From a photographic survey from 1965-1966 of over 300 existing or lost pubs and breweries in Bath and the surrounding area. Photographed in June 1965.
SR Wilcox Slides
Original Width (mm)
Original Height (mm)
Bath Central Library
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission