This photograph was meant to show the former Ship Inn pub, but unfortunately the photographer went to the wrong St. James's Street. For the correct location see Image Refs. 10082 or 39678 where it can been partly seen. The Ship Inn or Tavern opened in about 1837. After 1916 it was called the Old Ship Inn and closed in 1957. From a photographic survey from 1965-1966 of over 300 existing or lost pubs and breweries in Bath and the surrounding area. Photographed in September 1966.
SR Wilcox Slides
Original Width (mm)
Original Height (mm)
Bath Central Library
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission