The Chequers was open by 1776 and was renamed the Rummer Tavern in about 1800. In 1900 the name was changed to the Grove Hotel, but was sometimes referred to as the Rummer Hotel. It reverted to the Rummer in 1980 and closed in 2009 to became a restaurant. From a photographic survey from 1965-1966 of over 300 existing or lost pubs and breweries in Bath and the surrounding area. Photographed in June 1966.
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission