A pub called the Queen's Arms (on the right) opened at 4, Gallaway's Buildings (as it was then called) for a short time around 1833. In about 1848 a new pub called the Sterling Tavern opened in the same building. Around 1864 it was renamed the North Parade Tavern, but closed soon after and reopened on the opposite side at 10, North Parade Buildings. From a photographic survey from 1965-1966 of over 300 existing or lost pubs and breweries in Bath and the surrounding area. Photographed in September 1966.
SR Wilcox Slides
Original Width (mm)
Original Height (mm)
Bath Central Library
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission