The New Market Tavern opened in 1792, but was destroyed by fire in 1848. The pub reopened in the left side of the current building and closed around 1881 to become a fishmongers. From a photographic survey from 1965-1966 of over 300 existing or lost pubs and breweries in Bath and the surrounding area. Photographed in June 1966.
SR Wilcox Slides
Original Width (mm)
Original Height (mm)
Bath Central Library
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission