The Royal Oak (Bishop's tobacconist shop) was open by 1776 and became the New Moon (also the Half Moon for a short while) around 1839. Between about 1860 and 1871 the address changed to 11, Upper Borough Walls and then reverted to No. 10. Around 1874 the pub's name changed to the Owl's Nest and it eventually closed in 1907. From a photographic survey from 1965-1966 of over 300 existing or lost pubs and breweries in Bath and the surrounding area. Photographed in June 1965.
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission