The Cleveland Tavern/The Lamb, 9, Hampton Row, Bath 1966
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission
A beer house was opened by Thomas Bryant at 11, Hampton Row (partially seen on the right) in about 1841, but it soon closed and around 1846 he reopened it at 9, Hampton Row as the Cleveland Tavern (the house with the white panelled door). It was renamed the Lamb in about 1850 and closed around 1859. From a photographic survey from 1965-1966 of over 300 existing or lost pubs and breweries in Bath and the surrounding area. Photographed in August 1966.
SR Wilcox Slides
Original Width (mm)
Original Height (mm)
Bath Central Library