This photograph was meant to show the former Lord Nelson pub at 2, Avon Street but unfortunately the photographer chose the wrong building and instead took a photo of the side of William Maidment's store. The Lord Nelson opened as a beerhouse on the opposite side of the road in about 1864 and closed in 1907. There was also a Lord Nelson at 84, Avon Street, but it closed around 1839. From a photographic survey from 1965-1966 of over 300 existing or lost pubs and breweries in Bath and the surrounding area. Photographed in June 1966.
SR Wilcox Slides
Original Width (mm)
Original Height (mm)
Bath Central Library
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission