This was the Fountain Wine Vaults, which was a wine merchants and not a pub. It opened in about 1806 and closed in 1883. The shop front has since been removed. From a photographic survey from 1965-1966 of over 300 existing or lost pubs and breweries in Bath and the surrounding area. Photographed in May 1966.
SR Wilcox Slides
Original Width (mm)
Original Height (mm)
Bath Central Library
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission