The Devonshire Arms may have started life as the Wells Arms. Located at 1, Gorefield Place, Wells Road, it was called the Devonshire Arms by 1839, but between 1902 and 1922 it was known as the Devonshire Brewery. In 1908 the address changed to 139, Wellsway and it is still open for business. From a photographic survey from 1965-1966 of over 300 existing or lost pubs and breweries in Bath and the surrounding area. Photographed in July 1966.
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission