The Darby and Joan, 19, Guinea Lane, Bath 1966
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission
The Darby and Joan (the centre house) opened in 1784 and closed around 1852. Before about 1841 the address was 16, Guinea Lane. It then became No. 17 and by 1861 changed again to No. 19. From a photographic survey from 1965-1966 of over 300 existing or lost pubs and breweries in Bath and the surrounding area. Photographed in May 1966 from inside a car.
SR Wilcox Slides
Original Width (mm)
Original Height (mm)
Bath Central Library