The Golden Fleece, 8, George Street, Bath c.1966
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission
This was once called the Golden Fleece, but it was never a pub. It was the name of Mr. Carpenter's shop who was trading there as a milliner and haberdasher in 1778. Warren and Rosser were there from 1793 to 1806 and they kept the name going. Their shop in Marylebone Street in London was also called the Golden Fleece. From a photographic survey from 1965-1966 of over 300 existing or lost pubs and breweries in Bath and the surrounding area.
SR Wilcox Slides
Original Width (mm)
Original Height (mm)
Bath Central Library